May 12, 2003

I'm going to disagree..

Sorry, Monk, but I can't let this fly. Mostly just the comment that "I'd rather have Apple working on OS X's speed and performance than anything. OS X is fast, yes, but no where near as instantaneous as I'd like." News flash, buddy, there isn't just one group of people working on stuff at Apple. If there is a group working on piles then there is a group working on speeding up the old Finder.
Do people at large misunderstand Piles? Probably yes. It's not some mysterious other view to add to the Finder, it's just a new kind of package. Instead of having to control click and 'Show Package Contents', you can simply mouse over them and their contents will be revealed. Not only that, but they will do their best to show off the content of each document through the magic of Quartz. This is a whole other level of quick file management, one that I think I would find useful. You grab all the files you are using to put together a web site, click "Create Pile", and now you can have instantaneous use of any of them, all from a single location, and (hopefully, if it is implemented properly), very quickly. So stop hatin on Piles!

Posted by Stevos at May 12, 2003 09:35 PM | TrackBack
  Comments

I'm hatin' buddy, you'd better believe it! ;)

·May 12, 2003 09:49 PM · comment by CyberMonk   -   ∞

Same here, except I don't contract the word "hating."

·May 12, 2003 10:49 PM · comment by preeb   -   ∞

This is not a usual practice. Steve began the contraction, and I simply continued the trend, while adding an apostrophe to improve upon Steve's grammer (but then again, it is Steve).

·May 13, 2003 12:45 PM · comment by CyberMonk   -   ∞

Piles is teh fscking win, you non-1337 people. Whatever. Maybe Apple should solve the clickthrough problem while they're at it.

·May 13, 2003 06:23 PM · comment by Sniper   -   ∞

If you have to control-click to peek inside a package, your mouse is sub-standard. X was designed for a two-button mouse. I'd personally like to see the quad-key scrollball mouse on Apple's next systems, but it doesn't exist.

·May 13, 2003 09:25 PM · comment by XRayNuke   -   ∞

I have a two button mouse. I just wrote control click because even when I right click in my brain I'm control clicking.

·May 13, 2003 09:39 PM · comment by Steven Canfield   -   ∞

I don't care, OS X looks nicer so whatever they do that makes it look cooler I'm all for it

·May 14, 2003 10:47 AM · comment by Exar   -   ∞

somebody make me a blog so i can radomly rant about stuff

·May 14, 2003 09:25 PM · comment by Exar   -   ∞