May 05, 2003

CSS Newbie Designer: Yes, That Is Me

After ranting a bit about css, I sent emails to two big people, namely Dave Winer and Mark Pilgrim. I was basically asking them if they had any comments about my post (or any solutions perhaps!). Yes, there are many many more people to ask, but my web is small. I think of it as a tiny community, of like thirty people, with the catch that 20 of them have never heard of me.
In any case, right after emailing them I realized I hadn't checked if my page validated! A pretty foolish thing indeed. I checked, and sure enough, my page fails to validate for both CSS and XHMTL 1.01 Transitional. Luckily it was a quick fix to get both of those working. I've got those buttons on the side, so there.
Then, Mark has to go and post "Why We Won't Help You". Is he talking to me? I suppose I'll never know.

I still need help with this CSS though. It isn't going away anytime soon.

Posted by Stevos at May 5, 2003 12:24 AM | TrackBack
  Comments

Actually, I wasn't. I really do see this scenario play out on the mailing lists I frequent. I looked at your 100% height problem and have absolutely no idea how to solve it. I'll link to it later this week and see if we can find someone who knows.

·May 5, 2003 07:51 AM · comment by Mark   -   ∞

Yow. Your text is pushed way down several screenfuls here, dude, in Safari.

What is it you're trying to do? Maybe I can help.

--Kynn

·May 5, 2003 03:09 PM · comment by Kynn   -   ∞

Mark, thanks for the kind words.

Kynn, about the text being pushed down: it was a bug that was not caught in my testing (it is based on how the text wraps, basically). I have fixed it.

·May 5, 2003 05:23 PM · comment by Steven Canfield   -   ∞

Cool. Nice looking blog.

--Kynn

·May 5, 2003 09:27 PM · comment by Kynn   -   ∞

Check Peter-Paul Koch's site, it should help you.

He even has a solution for your problem.

Have fun, keep the faith.

·May 9, 2003 08:15 AM · comment by Rapo   -   ∞

I found the biggest help with CSS came via a $79 piece of software named TopStyle

Nope, don't own it. Didn't write it. Won't make a cent from it. But it has certainly helped me smith quite a bit of CSS.

·May 11, 2003 09:49 PM · comment by Mean Dean   -   ∞